Mega Search
23.2 Million


Sign Up

Make a donation  
email can not be sent  
News Group: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

I am trying to attach a jpeg to an email but it also shows in the body of the 
email as the image.  I don't want the image to show in the body of the email. 
 What am I doing wrong.

Vote for best question.
Score: 0  # Vote:  0
Date Posted: 5-Mar-2009, at 2:46 AM EST
From: =?Utf-8?B?SEM=?=
 
Re: Message Rules Disappear  
News Group: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
"Peter G. Frisk"  wrote in message 
news:%233eO4ZWnJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> There is no trouble with incoming mail,but the outgoing mail is giving  me 
> trouble.
>
> This is the message i'm receiving:   Service Error: There was a problem 
> handling your request. An unspecified error has occured. Try again. The 
> Technical Stuff: Error code: COFE 1800.
> Report ID 10299-web mail-20090225-061836
>

Peter we need the complete, unedited error message, please do this by 
selecting the error and right click>copy.
Then paste it to your reply here.

See http://www.postmaster.aol.com/imap/express.html
for complete account settings, the page describes OE, but WM settings are 
the same.

Take particular note of the Port numbers to use.


-- 
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
http://www.getsafeonline.org/ 



Vote for best answer.
Score: 0  # Vote:  0
Date Posted: 5-Mar-2009, at 2:45 PM EST
From: mac
 
RE: Outgoing Mail in Microsoft Mail Does Not Send/Able to Re  
News Group: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Seems to me that windows microsoft has failed it's customers.  Not only can't 
anyone get or send email through windows mail, the response from microsoft is 
the same, and then still fails to work.  Even when the proper servers are 
entered microsoft fails to take the blame, instead puts the blame on LAN, 
i.e. gmail or others.  My question to microsoft is if we are all having the 
same "error"pages pop up when trying to use microsoft mail system, then don't 
you agree that microsoft needs to be held accountable?  The addresses for 
access are correct, then the problem is in windows mail program.  The proof 
is in all the disgruntled customers writting in complaining about the same 
things.  FIX YOUR END MICROSOFT! 

"mac" wrote:

> 
> "Peter G. Frisk"  wrote in message 
> news:%233eO4ZWnJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > There is no trouble with incoming mail,but the outgoing mail is giving  me 
> > trouble.
> >
> > This is the message i'm receiving:   Service Error: There was a problem 
> > handling your request. An unspecified error has occured. Try again. The 
> > Technical Stuff: Error code: COFE 1800.
> > Report ID 10299-web mail-20090225-061836
> >
> 
> Peter we need the complete, unedited error message, please do this by 
> selecting the error and right click>copy.
> Then paste it to your reply here.
> 
> See http://www.postmaster.aol.com/imap/express.html
> for complete account settings, the page describes OE, but WM settings are 
> the same.
> 
> Take particular note of the Port numbers to use.
> 
> 
> -- 
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/ 
> 
> 
> 

Vote for best answer.
Score: 0  # Vote:  0
Date Posted: 5-Mar-2009, at 7:05 PM EST
From: =?Utf-8?B?TEFO?=
 
Re: coming to chalmers  
News Group: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
"LAN"  wrote in message 
news:44EABD06-D788-4E59-9390-2D787B39B4E5@microsoft.com...


>Even when the proper servers are
> entered microsoft fails to take the blame, instead puts the blame on LAN,

Why would they blame you? :-)

Seriously if you have a problem please tell us what it is, include any error 
messages that are generated.


-- 
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
http://www.getsafeonline.org/ 



Vote for best answer.
Score: 0  # Vote:  0
Date Posted: 6-Mar-2009, at 1:18 AM EST
From: mac
 
clean up mailbox  
News Group: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
I don't recognize that error message. It didn't come from Windows Mail.
Are you having a third party security program interfere with your email?

-- 
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"Peter G. Frisk"  wrote in message news:%233eO4ZWnJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> There is no trouble with incoming mail,but the outgoing mail is giving  me 
> trouble.
> 
> This is the message i'm receiving:   Service Error: There was a problem 
> handling your request. An unspecified error has occured. Try again. The 
> Technical Stuff: Error code: COFE 1800.
> Report ID 10299-web mail-20090225-061836
> 
> panamafrisk@aol.com
> 
>                                                                             
>                                                                             
>                             Thank You
>                                                                             
>                                                                             
>                           Peter G. Frisk 
>

Vote for best answer.
Score: 0  # Vote:  0
Date Posted: 6-Mar-2009, at 9:15 AM EST
From: Gary VanderMolen
 
Windows Vista Mail with Gmail pop  
News Group: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
You are making some unwarranted assumptions.
My guess is that you have no basis for asserting that the majority of
Windows Mail users are having email problems.

The users who post here represent the small minority who are having
mail problems, usually self-inflicted problems. Satisfied customers
don't post here.

-- 
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"LAN"  wrote in message news:44EABD06-D788-4E59-9390-2D787B39B4E5@microsoft.com...
> Seems to me that windows microsoft has failed it's customers.  Not only can't 
> anyone get or send email through windows mail, the response from microsoft is 
> the same, and then still fails to work.  Even when the proper servers are 
> entered microsoft fails to take the blame, instead puts the blame on LAN, 
> i.e. gmail or others.  My question to microsoft is if we are all having the 
> same "error"pages pop up when trying to use microsoft mail system, then don't 
> you agree that microsoft needs to be held accountable?  The addresses for 
> access are correct, then the problem is in windows mail program.  The proof 
> is in all the disgruntled customers writting in complaining about the same 
> things.  FIX YOUR END MICROSOFT! 
> 
> "mac" wrote:
> 
>> 
>> "Peter G. Frisk"  wrote in message 
>> news:%233eO4ZWnJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> > There is no trouble with incoming mail,but the outgoing mail is giving  me 
>> > trouble.
>> >
>> > This is the message i'm receiving:   Service Error: There was a problem 
>> > handling your request. An unspecified error has occured. Try again. The 
>> > Technical Stuff: Error code: COFE 1800.
>> > Report ID 10299-web mail-20090225-061836
>> >
>> 
>> Peter we need the complete, unedited error message, please do this by 
>> selecting the error and right click>copy.
>> Then paste it to your reply here.
>> 
>> See http://www.postmaster.aol.com/imap/express.html
>> for complete account settings, the page describes OE, but WM settings are 
>> the same.
>> 
>> Take particular note of the Port numbers to use.
>> 
>> 
>> -- 
>> Regards Steve.
>> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
>> http://www.getsafeonline.org/ 
>> 
>> 
>>

Vote for best answer.
Score: 0  # Vote:  0
Date Posted: 6-Mar-2009, at 2:27 AM EST
From: Gary VanderMolen
 
Re: email can not be sent  
News Group: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
I have a new laptop.  I cannot send email. I have had a Comcast technician 
spend about 45 minutes to try to fix the problem. I have chatted with 
"everyone" online. No fix has been found. Vista 32 bit is running with SP1. I 
have tried Windows Mail and Outlook. I am very frustrated, can you help? I 
have the same mail settings as I use on my desktop Windows XP cpu (where they 
work just fine!).
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Joy M

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> I don't recognize that error message. It didn't come from Windows Mail.
> Are you having a third party security program interfere with your email?
> 
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
> 
> 
> "Peter G. Frisk"  wrote in message news:%233eO4ZWnJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > There is no trouble with incoming mail,but the outgoing mail is giving  me 
> > trouble.
> > 
> > This is the message i'm receiving:   Service Error: There was a problem 
> > handling your request. An unspecified error has occured. Try again. The 
> > Technical Stuff: Error code: COFE 1800.
> > Report ID 10299-web mail-20090225-061836
> > 
> > panamafrisk@aol.com
> > 
> >                                                                             
> >                                                                             
> >                             Thank You
> >                                                                             
> >                                                                             
> >                           Peter G. Frisk 
> >
> 

Vote for best answer.
Score: 0  # Vote:  0
Date Posted: 31-Mar-2009, at 2:31 PM EST
From: =?Utf-8?B?Sm95ZnVs?=
 
Re: email can not be sent  
News Group: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
I have had online chat with Norton. The firewall is not causing the problem.


"Joyful" wrote:

> I have a new laptop.  I cannot send email. I have had a Comcast technician 
> spend about 45 minutes to try to fix the problem. I have chatted with 
> "everyone" online. No fix has been found. Vista 32 bit is running with SP1. I 
> have tried Windows Mail and Outlook. I am very frustrated, can you help? I 
> have the same mail settings as I use on my desktop Windows XP cpu (where they 
> work just fine!).
> Thank you for any help you can give me.
> Joy M
> 
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
> 
> > I don't recognize that error message. It didn't come from Windows Mail.
> > Are you having a third party security program interfere with your email?
> > 
> > -- 
> > Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
> > 
> > 
> > "Peter G. Frisk"  wrote in message news:%233eO4ZWnJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > > There is no trouble with incoming mail,but the outgoing mail is giving  me 
> > > trouble.
> > > 
> > > This is the message i'm receiving:   Service Error: There was a problem 
> > > handling your request. An unspecified error has occured. Try again. The 
> > > Technical Stuff: Error code: COFE 1800.
> > > Report ID 10299-web mail-20090225-061836
> > > 
> > > panamafrisk@aol.com
> > > 
> > >                                                                             
> > >                                                                             
> > >                             Thank You
> > >                                                                             
> > >                                                                             
> > >                           Peter G. Frisk 
> > >
> > 

Vote for best answer.
Score: 0  # Vote:  0
Date Posted: 31-Mar-2009, at 3:10 PM EST
From: =?Utf-8?B?Sm95ZnVs?=
 
Re: email can not be sent  
News Group: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Joy, do you get an error message when you try to send or receive? If so, 
right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. 

-- 
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"Joyful"  wrote in message news:B8BFEAB3-CA49-4A6C-B868-1776D48FF888@microsoft.com...
>I have a new laptop.  I cannot send email. I have had a Comcast technician 
> spend about 45 minutes to try to fix the problem. I have chatted with 
> "everyone" online. No fix has been found. Vista 32 bit is running with SP1. I 
> have tried Windows Mail and Outlook. I am very frustrated, can you help? I 
> have the same mail settings as I use on my desktop Windows XP cpu (where they 
> work just fine!).
> Thank you for any help you can give me.
> Joy M

Vote for best answer.
Score: 0  # Vote:  0
Date Posted: 31-Mar-2009, at 3:22 PM EST
From: Gary VanderMolen
 
Re: email can not be sent  
News Group: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Which version of the Norton program?  Most versions slowly cause
assorted problems with Windows Mail, even though they say otherwise.

Robert Miles

"Joyful"  wrote in message 
news:F15A4FAC-8079-43C6-BF1B-888D19262695@microsoft.com...
>I have had online chat with Norton. The firewall is not causing the 
>problem.
>
>
> "Joyful" wrote:
>
>> I have a new laptop.  I cannot send email. I have had a Comcast 
>> technician
>> spend about 45 minutes to try to fix the problem. I have chatted with
>> "everyone" online. No fix has been found. Vista 32 bit is running with 
>> SP1. I
>> have tried Windows Mail and Outlook. I am very frustrated, can you help? 
>> I
>> have the same mail settings as I use on my desktop Windows XP cpu (where 
>> they
>> work just fine!).
>> Thank you for any help you can give me.
>> Joy M
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>>
>> > I don't recognize that error message. It didn't come from Windows Mail.
>> > Are you having a third party security program interfere with your 
>> > email?
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>> >
>> >
>> > "Peter G. Frisk"  wrote in message 
>> > news:%233eO4ZWnJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> > > There is no trouble with incoming mail,but the outgoing mail is 
>> > > giving  me
>> > > trouble.
>> > >
>> > > This is the message i'm receiving:   Service Error: There was a 
>> > > problem
>> > > handling your request. An unspecified error has occured. Try again. 
>> > > The
>> > > Technical Stuff: Error code: COFE 1800.
>> > > Report ID 10299-web mail-20090225-061836
>> > >
>> > > panamafrisk@aol.com
>> > >
>> > >
>> > >
>> > >                             Thank You
>> > >
>> > >
>> > >                           Peter G. Frisk
>> > >
>> >




Vote for best answer.
Score: 0  # Vote:  0
Date Posted: 31-Mar-2009, at 5:55 PM EST
From: